|Solving Common Problems|
All of the following problem descriptions should be pronounced in a whiny, child like voice.
My Screen is Frozen:
There are 3 reasons for this happening.
- You are in Canada, its Winter and you left the screen outside to long. Move your screen to a better climate.
- The scroll locks has been pressed. This stops the screen from responding to your requests. To solve the problem press the "Scroll Lock" button on your keyboard until the Scroll Lock light on the keyboard is NOT lit. Some times you may have to press "CTRL-Q" to unlock the screen..
- You are using the wrong multi-console screen. There are 12 virtual screens available at the main console. The POS must be run from the first virtual screen. To make sure you are in the proper screen press <ALT F1>. Now touch the screen or keyboard to see if things are working.
- If all else fails see the last resort area at the bottom of the page.
My Printer Won't:
There are several reasons for this condition.
- You have put regular paper into a thermal printer.
- The thermal paper is in backwards.
- The paper is at the end of the roll.
- The printer is off line. Press the on-line button on your printer.
- The power is off. Turn it on.
- The cable connecting your printer to the system is unplugged or cut. Call your technician.
- The print spooler has stopped. See "Base Utilities" for more info.
- Go to Last Resort.
If none of the above helps, you need to restart your computer. Press <ALT F4> to get a working screen and logon as the user "off". This will bring the system down in an orderly manner. Power off the PC and turn it back on after a few seconds if your problem persists cal DineAmix technical support.